Friday, July 8, 2011

Big Brother 13: Ol' School vs New School

It was great to finally get the new season of Big Brother under way.  A new season, new cast and the same old twists.

Keeping with the theme of "expect the unexpected", the house guests had barely even known each other before they were hit with the 1st twist; they had to "pair up".  It seems like that would be the theme for the season; much like Season 11 where teams were thrown into "high school"-style cliques.

I'm really not a fan of this strategy at all.  I feel like it prevents players from exploring their own opportunities; let the "alliances" form themselves.  In Season 11, the "cliques" strategy leaned heavily toward one group, and whoever wasn't "in" was sent packing.

Another twist was the return of "power couples" from past seasons.  I already suspected that there would at least be guys from yesteryear.  I didn't think it would be like this.  I wasn't surprised to see Jeff & Jordan, but was shocked when "Evil Dick" & Danielle entered the house.  I didn't mind Brendon, but wanted to pop my eardrums the minute I heard Rachel's laugh.

As much as I would have loved more fresh faces, I understand why CBS throws in a twist or two, and brings back some alumni; it's all about ratings.  If that's the case, why not bring back players who hadn't won?  "Evil Dick" and Jordan are 2 players who don't really need the money.

CBS has promised to make this the "most exciting season" and so far, it looks like they'll deliver on that guarantee.

I'm definitely looking forward to see how the "new school" stacks up against the vets.  Enjoy.

Sent from my Palm Pre on the Now Network from Sprint

No comments:

Post a Comment