Monday, December 20, 2010

Remembering Eli.

As Christmas draws near, like everyone else, I'm really excited at just about everything.  The good thing about being a grown up is that I get to buy my own toys; just to make up for the ones I didn't get as a kid.

In loving memory
This year, I'll take time to remember a dear friend of mine.  I've been friends with the Davis family for as long as I can remember, and so when Eli was born, I accepted him just as his family had accepted me.


His start was not easy by any means; he had a heart condition and was not even supposed to make it.  By the grace of God, he made it and I finally got to meet him when his family brought him to church.


I remember holding him in my arms; it seems like it was only yesterday (why don't I ever have a camera for moments like these?).  Just getting to bond with him, and looking forward to watching him grow.  That was really neat.

So about 4 years ago on Christmas Eve, all of us who knew him were saddened to learn of his passing the day before.  Some things just don't ever seem right.  In my mind, I'm wondering, "why so soon?"  I flashed back to the when I was holding him in my arms, and I wasn't even thinking that it would be the only time I'd ever see him.

When I think of him, I'll remember how at such a young age, he was fighting for his life; but he was not alone in his fight.  His time here was short, but he left us with memories to last a lifetime.  He is in a much better place now, so we need not worry.

This is a trying time for the Davis family, but I would want them to know that they are not alone.  Eli Ryan Davis lives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment