Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Why it REALLY helps to read your Bible.


I'm sure I won't be the first person to write about this story, nor will I be the last one.  I'm only writing because I just happened to see it not too long ago, so I might as well have a go at it.

The gentleman pictured above, decided to let the world know about his feelings on homosexuality by tattooing the Bible verse Leviticus 18:22 (which speaks against the act) on his arm.  I'm sure there's more to the story as to how he came about that decision, but since I don't know what it is, I won't get into it.  However, to quote the verse via the New International Version (I usually read the King James Version), it says:

Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

However, I'm sure someone should have pointed to him (or maybe has by now) that he should have kept on reading through to Leviticus 19:28 which states: (American King James version)

You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks on you: I am the LORD.

In summary, that verse forbids tattoos; I don't think that it can get clearer than that.  When you're reading the Bible, you don't "pick and choose" what you'll obey and what you won't.  I don't think I need to explain any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment